CTKArch · Forums
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.  |  Search
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 11:52:39 am
Yukawa
icon

During the installation of grub i accidentelly installed on wrong partition (not /boot) now i loose my windows boot. How to return it?
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 7:55:11 pm
Calimero
icon

Your explanation is ambiguous!

For your question to be answerable, you should give your partitioning scheme, and say which partition you installed GRUB on, instead of installing it (grub) in the MBR.

Also, can you explain what happens when you boot now?
If ctkarch boots, maybe everything's alright and you just need to uncomment the entry to boot your other system, in /boot/grub/menu.lst. Adapt the entry if needed.
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 9:32:47 pm
Yukawa
icon

Sorry for not responding earlier, already I solved problem with uncommenting in menu.lst. But there is other problem that I experienced during the pacman -Syu, after upgrading (there was a lot of unresolved dependences, solved all of them), but at the end I lost completely graphical interface. And i couldn't start it again
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 7:13:10 pm
Calimero
icon

You should have seen the RSS feed for updates on the main page ctkarch.org or even read ctkarch.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5&t_id=17.
Because you apparently uninstalled things you shouldn't have when trying to fix the conflicts.

For instance, if you ran pacman -Syuf, all the files that were configured (by ctkarch) in /etc were overwritten, so (regarding the startup configuration) you're back to a basic ArchLinux installation without any customisation.

Noting you can't fix, though. To restore the ctkarch config, just boot the liveCD, mount your install partition in /mnt and run cp -a /etc /mnt/
If you renamed your user during installation, you will have to fix /etc/passwd and /etc/group yourself.