CTKArch · Forums
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.  |  Search
Posted: Dec 09, 2011 9:01:25 am
fmma
icon

As a discalimer first,I have isolated v 05 and 06 before and are familiar with the process, however I'm unable to install v0.7 on a usb stick (no drive).
I have to use a live distro (in my case partition magic) to boot and than use
dd command to write the iso image to the use stick (yes I know I have to use of=/dev/sdx and not sdx1).

I have used several usb sticks without success (always used the 64image,md5sum is correct).
What I do not understand is which image I should use (I would like to use a 64 bit). The documentation says the images are hybrid images (32 and 64 bit), but in the download section I find a 32 and a 64 version.

Thanks for reading my post.

frank
Posted: Dec 09, 2011 10:40:17 am
Calimero
icon

As you could see, there is a 32-bit image, and a 64-bit image.
Their hybrid property means that they can be burnt on a CD, or cloned onto a block peripheral (usb flash stick, for instance).

I suppose that you read the link to the instructions at the top of the download page.
It should boot using dd to put the iso on the flash stick! Provided your computer can boot on USB.

When you say without success, what specific step is without success? What is, precisely, the thing that you try and doesn't give the expected result ? Please also specify that expected result. What happens instead?
(with such an answer you're sure that I will know what happens, so I can help you)