CTKArch · Forums
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.  |  Search
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 8:03:39 pm
retired
icon

Hello and thanks for the distro - I attempted to run live the latest version on a usb stick using the Universal usb installer but after getting the first 2 screens it won't boot - something about not finding the boot image.
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 8:43:40 pm
Cereal-Killer
icon

the CtkArchLive images are hybrid, you must use dd to make usb stick, like this:
PHP Code:
dd if=/path/to/ctkarchlive-0.7.iso of=/dev/sdX

you must replace "/dev/sdX" with the true device matching your usb stick (sdb, sdc...) but not partition (sdb1).
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 9:54:15 pm
retired
icon

Cereal killer - I've got image of ctk on desktop, entered dd etc command in terminal (copied and pasted)  and I got 'can't find file or directory' moved image to root - no luck, moved image to downloads - no luck.
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 9:57:36 pm
Calimero
icon

Of course, in your terminal you must "cd" into the folder where the ISO is before running dd.

And, you have to change the 'X' to the real letter of your usb stick when we say '/dev/sdX'. ;)

It might be /dev/sdc or /dev/sdb…
Be careful! The contents of the storage media given with 'of=' (output file) will be erased.

/dev/sda is certainly your hard disk, and /dev/sdb your second hard disk if you have one. I think you don't want to erase the data on your hard disk(s)!!
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 10:00:14 pm
retired
icon

Did that (sdb) is 'PHP Code:' part of the command ?
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 10:07:32 pm
Calimero
icon

Example of a command to run, IF /dev/sdc is your flash stick (otherwise, change /dev/sdc to the right name):

dd if=/home/you/Downloads/ctkarchlive-0.7-i686.iso of=/dev/sdc

Don't just copy and paste without reading! Adapt the details to your case.
Posted: Apr 08, 2011 11:16:10 pm
retired
icon

OK - -got it - thanks - it's Friday - I had a brain fart !