CTKArch · Forums
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.  |  Search
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 6:35:53 pm
ancleessen4
icon

I have yet to play with the CTKarch addons but have you considered a post install script as per Crunchbang?

http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/7493/statler-post-install-script/
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 8:18:57 pm
Calimero
icon

It's not really a post-install script. It adds applications, that's all. (edited your topic title, it may confuse people)

Precisely, that script does the following:
· It updates the system (that can be done with pacman -Syu after commenting the line arm.konnichi.com at the top of /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist)
It installs: audacity gtkpod gpodder rhythmbox gcolor2 agave inkscape blender gthumb cheese geany openoffice.org openoffice.org-gtk psi irssi bitlbee cups cups-pdf system-config-printer hpijs ttf-bitstream-vera ttf-dejavu ntfs-3g pcmciautils terminator nautilus
· It removes abiword and gnumeric

Oh! And I forgot: it does a lot of "sleep 2" and "echo installing audio, video, desktop packages". (useless… just to impress people?)

If you want the same on CTKArch, run this and you're done (the exact translation of the script, for Archlinux):
PHP Code:
sed -i 's|^\(Server = http://arm.konnichi.*\)|#\1|' /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
pacman -Syu --noconfirm ; pacman -Syu --noconfirm
pacman -S --noconfirm audacity gtkpod gpodder rhythmbox gcolor2 agave inkscape blender gthumb cheese geany openoffice-base psi bitlbee terminator cups cups-pdf system-config-printer-common
pacman -Rs --noconfirm abiword gnumeric

It doesn't look as big now, without all the "echo 'installing stuff'" and "sleep 2", does it?

You can make an add-on with that software in it (use the /addons/mkaddon script provided in ctkarch live). I suppose that's why you posted here?
Just make it, it won't take long. The script is an assistant…
Read the addon's documentation on the site too.

Now I won't resist giving you my opinion. :)
It's your choice to install a preselected bunch of heavy apps (apart from cups, inkscape, and maybe openoffice if you need it)
But hey! You are free to pick and install the packages you want in this list. Why bother with a script?
You just choose yourself what packages you install… Otherwise I would have deleted pacman from the live!!! (blink)

Then, note that CTKArch already includes a file manager (pcmanfm), a terminal (urxvt), and an audio recorder (mhWaveEdit), and so on.
Last but not least, in this list, the ttf fonts, ntfs-3g, pcmciautils, and irssi are already in CTKArch 0.6.

Now, what do you want to do? Add-on(s), or a list of packages to install? (in this case, the topic will be moved to Community)

PS: do you really know what an add-on is? The addons' presentation and  addons doc can help.
Posted: Feb 04, 2011 4:14:10 am
ancleessen4
icon

Thanks for your considered and complete response.
I will give add-on(s) a try.